You are sending a link to...
A Message to Our Investors
Renewal House Year in Review: A Message to Our Investors
As we begin the new year, Renewal House remains the area’s only long-term residential and intensive outpatient treatment community where women suffering from addiction can find hope and recover with their children, keeping the family intact.
Though the addiction crisis has a different drug in the form of opioids, as compared to crack cocaine when Renewal House was founded, our innovative model remains more viable than ever before.
Renewal House experienced a record year in 2017 with more than our fair share of successes:
- We provided services to 216 clients including women and their children, while continuing to have a waiting list of at least 60 people on any given day.
- We partnered with Vanderbilt University Medical Center and Dr. Jessica Young to start Recover Together at Vanderbilt’s 100 Oaks Campus. Recover Together offers recovery and parenting skills support to pregnant and parenting moms with substance use disorders in conjunction with their medication management. This happened due to a generous gift from Pfizer.
- We introduced Renewal House to more than 4,500 new people, face to face.
- We launched a public service campaign to continue to raise awareness of the organization and its mission.
- Cromwell Broadcasting contributed more than $60,000 of educational announcements on its stations: The Buzz, The Ville, The Game, Classic Hits 93.3, and ESPN Radio.
- We were highlighted on WKRN, WTVF, Fox 17, Nashville Post, nFocus, StyleBluePrint and featured in an Op-Ed published in The Tennessean. Click here to read.
- We maintained our relationships for insurance reimbursement with Amerigroup and United Healthcare, as well as established a contract with Blue Care.
- There was a significant increase in users to our website, RenewalHouse.org and social media outlets.
- We raised approximately three quarters of a million dollars through investment of corporate gifts, local grants, foundations, and individual giving.
- Our signature event, Renewal House Thanksgiving, doubled the number of attendees and raised 48% more in donations as compared to 2016. Additionally, Renewal House added more than 300 new donors.
We look forward to expanding our ability to serve families impacted by addiction. We appreciate the generous support of our community.
I hope you enjoy our brochure outlining Renewal House’s impact (click here). Thank you for your investment and confidence in Renewal House.
Pamela Sessions, CEO
P.S. If you haven't seen our new video, you may watch it here!