A belief in the importance of families and a willingness to work with mothers and children in a family preservation atmosphere; knowledge of addiction and recovery models; ability to network with and refer to community agencies; ability to de-escalate crisis, an understanding of team approaches to treatment and administration; a commitment to empowerment and ability to advocate for family or individual needs. CPR training required.
- To serve as Renewal House administrator in charge during shift monitoring the A-3 Office and facility
- To work with families toward problem solving
- To communicate activities of significance by voice mail to Team and at end of shift to incoming staff
- To chart in resident charts as appropriate
- To coordinate scheduled activities during the shift
- To coordinate transportation to 12-step meetings and follow all van procedures (if scheduled during shift)
- To supervise family visitation. (if scheduled during shift)
- To respond to resident needs during shift and to call on-call back up when needed
- To participate in team/staff meetings as needed
- To fulfill responsibilities listed in the Job Description Appendix for all Renewal House team members and program team members
- On-site orientation and training required.
Hours are on-call. Renewal House will contact you when relief work is needed. Relief worker determines if they are available for shift. Usual shifts available 6:30pm-7:00am (can sleep from 12:00midnight-6:00am) including weekend shifts. Also need relief van drivers who are available between the hours of 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. or 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.